Here is the dreamer. One who created and played with the pen and the keys of a world soon unmade. She remembers the wind, water, earth and flame. She loved even shadows but knew naught of hate. With a heart too soft and a strength unseen, she loved the world and she lived a dream.

Sunday, December 9, 2012

The Wedding

201. No, not our wedding. A friend's wedding. Specifically, the first friend to take a plunge. And hers was the first wedding we attended together. The wedding was perfect. Traditional. Expensive. The works. Lots of flowers. Lots of food. Lots of guests. He was handsome. She was divine. And people cried when they said their I do's as well as when she and her father had the father- daughter dance. I wore a beautiful rented honeysuckle gown and you wore my father's barong tagalog. We were quite a pair that the priest even acknowledged that we may be the next couple to tie the knot. Talk about pressure. I could positively see you sweat and your hair stand on end at what he said. I just blushed really hard and waved it off saying, that's not happening anytime soon. But this induced many teasings from my friends at the reception. After my friend and her groom said their I do's the priest bent down his head and whispered secret words to them. I wonder what he's telling them, you said to me. Maybe someday we'll find out, I replied. And you laughed. At the reception, they showed several videos, one was pictures of them growing up, another was their prenup photoshoot and the finale was the video of the entire wedding, music- video style. It was a perfect. They made a beautiful couple. I was certain that they will have their happily ever after. As all girls wish for it once they've found their real- life prince. I looked at you, and wondered when you would ask me for real. Or would you even ask, given that I've already accepted all your informal proposals since seven years ago? I told you that I desired a simple church wedding... but will not compromise on the gown, pictures and video as mementos. And that was fine with you. You said you wanted to be married here, close to family and friends. And that was fine with me. I wonder how many times we have talked about our somedays as neither of us was in a hurry. The wedding we've attended certainly reminded us how time flew. It was wonderful to be reminded to stop and dream together once again. 

  

No comments:

Post a Comment