Here is the dreamer. One who created and played with the pen and the keys of a world soon unmade. She remembers the wind, water, earth and flame. She loved even shadows but knew naught of hate. With a heart too soft and a strength unseen, she loved the world and she lived a dream.

Thursday, April 28, 2011

Pancit Days

74. I'm quite fond of reliving my very first moments with you; what I call our instant pancit crush. Instead of writing solely about our usual snacks of pancit or noodles with toast after school hours or at home, I shall write it served with wry humor. There are so many instant things nowadays. Instant oatmeal. Instant noodles. Instant boyfriend during college. Everything comes so easy. Just add hot water and wait. To think that I actually planned to have a boyfriend during fourth year, when at the first day of school there you were making me fall head over heels from the first moment. Pancit comes in many flavors but I prefer the spicy kind while you prefer the calamansi kind. I've always been able to stomach spicy food, loving the tingling sensation it leaves on your tongue and throat. In the same way, I like the spice that your love has brought to my life. The noodles meanwhile symbolizes the longevity of our relationship. The calamansi and butter toast at the side gives that extra something to the entire simple dish; a little tang, a little crunch and a melty goodness. Some pancit have a little meat or vegetable toppings, to add interest and chemistry. Everything best served hot. Just like you. What makes it taste best however, is the pleasure of your company.    

No comments:

Post a Comment