Here is the dreamer. One who created and played with the pen and the keys of a world soon unmade. She remembers the wind, water, earth and flame. She loved even shadows but knew naught of hate. With a heart too soft and a strength unseen, she loved the world and she lived a dream.

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Take the Lead

72. Taking on leadership roles is sometimes inevitable. You've had more experience than I in the area but what I lack for in charisma and natural domineering confidence, I make up for in sweetness, creativity and a general democratic way of handling things. You say I am guilty at times for being too kind and too soft and of becoming a crybaby when things don't go my way but I think exerting control isn't really my cup of tea. One time when I was tasked with something for a class and had to stand up front to talk, I asked you to do crowd control because the class was getting rowdy. It worked wonders. You're lucky that every one listens to you so things get done quicker. And I'm lucky too because no one usually opposes me with you by my side. I admit that I liked being in a position of authority at times because it afforded me more control over a situation that would normally pass through my fingers like droplets of water. More then usual however, I like taking a backseat and letting others take the lead, while I play second in command, a role that I am most comfortable with because I feel that I though I have some degree of control, I am also a follower that can unleash whatever creative impulses I have to a project in more ways than one. I can be in any role whether it be typing out reports, making invitations, writing scripts, providing music, making the powerpoint or videos, arranging the costumes or props or other roles. It shows in our relationship too, in fact, it mirrors it. You take the lead, I choose to follow. I know I'll be safe with you and with that knowledge comes freedom and I'm not in the least afraid because I trust you. When our roles sometimes reverse, and that does happen at times, I like playing the teacher and showing you the way but I think I'd like it even more if you played the obedient student instead of one who's so talkative and questioning. But that's just you, and I know full well that I shouldn't be so judgmental. No one's perfect. Not even a seemingly perfect leader. 

No comments:

Post a Comment