Here is the dreamer. One who created and played with the pen and the keys of a world soon unmade. She remembers the wind, water, earth and flame. She loved even shadows but knew naught of hate. With a heart too soft and a strength unseen, she loved the world and she lived a dream.

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Piece of Pie

66. As our love for each other grew, so did our love for food. One time, after doing a project at a friend's house he put out a delectable pie for my groupmates to enjoy. The moment I placed a forkful of that fruit pie into my mouth, I felt like I had died and gone to a gustatory paradise. It was even better than the guapple pie I usually enjoyed. When you tried it, you love it as I did. A few days later, when we had our date I urged you buy some of the pie again, which was sold at the same high-end restaurant where we celebrated our first anniversary. As we ate together, you definitely agreed with me that it was the best-tasting pie you had ever had the pleasure to eat. The crust was just right, it was creamy and fruity yet it wasn't too sweet. In other words, it was just right. This pie won our hearts and I fondly remember the time wherein we just had the entire plate all to ourselves in leiu of a proper lunch at one of our reviews. We also bought some for our trip to Mambukal that we only ate after we got soaked in the rain upon returning home, playfully feeding each other akin to Greek gods feeding on ambrosia. I kept making a mental note to myself to eat healthier but somehow the combination of you and food is so irresistible that it weakens my resolve. Anyway, this pie made our day and will always evoke pleasant memories for us and for our tastebuds. 

No comments:

Post a Comment