Here is the dreamer. One who created and played with the pen and the keys of a world soon unmade. She remembers the wind, water, earth and flame. She loved even shadows but knew naught of hate. With a heart too soft and a strength unseen, she loved the world and she lived a dream.

Sunday, April 10, 2011

Rain

56. I don't like rainy days though I appreciate the way the water cools the earth to make all things grow. Today the sky was the color gray, you held me close to you as we walked together side by side, gentle and warm. We opened up my umbrella. The raindrops become bigger and what was a slight drizzle turns into a small storm. Drops trickle from the sides of the umbrella as you let it cover me more, unmindful how the rain soaked your shirt on one side. I pushed the umbrella to the middle of us as I told you I too did not mind getting drenched and that there was room enough for both of us. We found a trisikad to drive us to campus. We huddled together and you held the umbrella in front to shelter us from the rain. Not a soul could see us and we looked into each others eyes and I knew what you had in mind. My heartbeat increased its pace as you placed a gentle kiss on my lips, kissed my hand and smiled. I love you, you whispered. And I murmured my reply. I giggled as the rain became softer and I caught some drops with my open palm. We had arrived at our school wet but enveloped with happiness, unaware of the cold. I don't like rainy days... but I love rainy days with you.  

No comments:

Post a Comment