Here is the dreamer. One who created and played with the pen and the keys of a world soon unmade. She remembers the wind, water, earth and flame. She loved even shadows but knew naught of hate. With a heart too soft and a strength unseen, she loved the world and she lived a dream.

Sunday, April 3, 2011

Beard in the Way

49. I really hate your beard. It’s prickly, scratchy and makes my face red and itchy. I understand how it can make a man seem more masculine and mature but nothing beats a clean-shaven man in this girl’s eyes. Also, I have this strange urge to shave or pluck thick black stray hairs. T’was a fine day when you agreed to have me shave your beard, risking a few nicks in the process. I asked you how to do it properly because I haven’t any experience in shaving men. I had to think of sideburns and how to do the strokes properly as to not to cut you.  In front of a mirror, I started to shave you, it was a nervous moment for the both of us. Like a comedy show, you could have paired it with comical music and lots of jokes on the sides as you were evading my every stroke. Finally my work was completed. You shaved yourself once over to get any stray hairs left and washed your face clean. I placed my sweet smelling cream on you. That was the last time you tried to shave me, you declared. I agreed and complimented you for becoming even more handsome for having a clean face, prompting you to promise your best to shave for any of our future dates from now on. And you've actually succeeded at this most of the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment