Here is the dreamer. One who created and played with the pen and the keys of a world soon unmade. She remembers the wind, water, earth and flame. She loved even shadows but knew naught of hate. With a heart too soft and a strength unseen, she loved the world and she lived a dream.

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Eating Sprees

51. Most of our favorite pastimes, in one way or the other, involve food. Frankly, I think it's one of the things, we have little trouble agreeing with. One might even say that food brings us together. This reminds me of the times we indulged in eating sprees with our classmates. One was at a pizza- all- you- can at Greenwich and a unlimited rice promo at Mang Inasal. A bunch of our classmates, including us, decided to indulge at the Greenwich promo since it only cost 99 pesos for an unlimited pizza fest of either pepperoni or hawaiian pizza. It was amazing that they didn't run out or close the establishment all together. I wondered how could they have afforded it all with all of our classmates who could down an average of 8 pizzas each? I remember how amazed we were at how much you ate! As for the unlimited rice deal, your voracious appetite let you consume 8 cups of rice while I reached my limit at 4 cups. Pretty impressive, wouldn't you say? Yet we both lost in our little contest with our barkadas as to the number of rice consumed. It was totally unhealthy indulgence at its finest. In our rice- dependent nation, I think that establishments are making a great business deal with those kinds of promos. You'd always agree with me wholeheartedly, especially when you're quite starved. Our love for  food has led me to believe that our weight gain is most probably directly related to the length of our relationship. However,  my love you will never fade no matter how much you weigh. I don't really care. I accept you body and soul and I do hope that you do as well. What I do care about, however, is how healthy we both are. After all, the more health-conscious we are, the longer our life spans and that ultimately means more beautiful days with you and more eating sprees to come.  

No comments:

Post a Comment