Here is the dreamer. One who created and played with the pen and the keys of a world soon unmade. She remembers the wind, water, earth and flame. She loved even shadows but knew naught of hate. With a heart too soft and a strength unseen, she loved the world and she lived a dream.

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Sidewalk Feast

59. During highschool, I couldn't wait for my classes to be finished so I could eat the treats that street vendors were selling outside the school gates. The staples were usually halo-halo, fish balls, peanuts and tempura. Yes, the nuns would warn us not to eat those 'dirty' kinds of foods but their words fell on deaf ears. And a great number of us would spend what little pocket money we had on little guilty treats such as these. I carried this trait up until college which is why I'm not a picky eater. You even sometimes say that I'm an adventurous kind of eater. You, having more experience at food, would take me to food places like that place called 'chinggay' where they sold sisig, and other delicious but  unhealthy Pinoy food. As long as you said it was good, I would definitely eat it. Except for chicken or pork liver which I think is absolutely revolting. I prefer barbequed  chicken blood and chicken intestines. In college, not a week goes by that we don't eat at least once in that place or in other nearby sidewalk eateries or even those near your old highschool. You introduced me to various kinds of foods that I've never tried before and have added a new depth to those I know and love. Like tempura. Remember how for lack of funds we had that silly tempura date? We went to the mall just to eat cheap sidewalk food! Six paper plates of it! But gosh it was fun. Yep, I'm definitely not picky just annoying when my cravings aren't met. Probably not as healthy-minded as we should be  but a little indulgence once in awhile couldn't hurt right? Now that we're definitely a bit older, it's about time that we should be spreading our culinary tastes further to more healthier regions. I'm definitely up for it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment