Here is the dreamer. One who created and played with the pen and the keys of a world soon unmade. She remembers the wind, water, earth and flame. She loved even shadows but knew naught of hate. With a heart too soft and a strength unseen, she loved the world and she lived a dream.

Saturday, April 2, 2011

The Touch

48. When you were just a little boy, you had a favorite pillow that you just couldn’t sleep without. It was so soft and smooth and sent you off to dreamland every time. Don’t we all have that favorite thing at some point? For me, it was a blanket. One time when you grabbed my arm, you were surprised how my inner arm felt exactly like that pillow. You’d stroke my arm and smile and muse over how remarkable it was. It was just like having your old pillow back. Talk about sentimental. I just laughed and considered that as a compliment. I didn’t mind at all even when you'd touch my arm at random times especially when we were sitting together. That touch is a signal of our closeness and a little private moment. It's a very welcome thing in our hectic world. 

No comments:

Post a Comment