Here is the dreamer. One who created and played with the pen and the keys of a world soon unmade. She remembers the wind, water, earth and flame. She loved even shadows but knew naught of hate. With a heart too soft and a strength unseen, she loved the world and she lived a dream.

Thursday, April 14, 2011

Birthday Surprise

60. You're full of surprises. And one of the things I adore about you is that you can keep secrets. When you combine the two, is the most exquisite kind of surprise you gave me on my birthday. Well one of them that is, that occurred during our third year. What I thought was a typical gathering of classmates at a mall to eat at a fast food restaurant turned into an impromptu birthday bash for me. As we were eating, you excused yourself to go to the men's room and one of our male friends tagged along. I was shocked when you came back and presented me a gigantic fluffy pink teddy bear, that I had to carry with both arms. And a scrumptious mocha crumble cake from red ribbon which was carried by my other friend. No one has ever gone through so much trouble for me before. My heart was so full it nearly burst out of happiness. You all sang me happy birthday and then I think I just melted for you then and there. I named that gigantic fluffy pink teddy bear cuddles and placed her on my bed and she has never left my room since, a constant reminder of you and your secret surprise. 

No comments:

Post a Comment