Here is the dreamer. One who created and played with the pen and the keys of a world soon unmade. She remembers the wind, water, earth and flame. She loved even shadows but knew naught of hate. With a heart too soft and a strength unseen, she loved the world and she lived a dream.

Saturday, July 2, 2011

Sleeping Positions

138. I've always been fascinated by how people sleep. Some people believe that our sleeping positions actually reveals our personalities inside. From the several times I've seen you sleep, I've deduced that you predominately prefer the fetal position, curled up to one side with a large pillow between your arms or legs. While I, on the other hand, prefer lying on my back, arms tucked behind a pillow, feet apart but somehow during the night I too drift into the fetal position. When we cuddle or nap together, it's either you envelope me in a half hug, which I really like, or a nuzzle-spoon type position wherein we're both curled up in each others arms with my head close to your neck, arms enveloping each other and our legs intertwined. Individually, the fetal position suggests a degree of shyness or toughness on the exterior, but are actually quite sensitive and warm on the inside. My position, that some people call 'starfish' position, indicates a person who is quite friendly and open, always ready to listen and give advice which is true. As a couple, studies suggest that when a man half-hugs a woman it means that although he's laid back, he's still willing to give in to the woman's needs. And with regards to the second position, it simply means that we crave intimacy from one another and that we're both a little possessive with each other. Also true. A rendezvous in  bed with you is one of the greatest things I've ever experienced. Feeling your warmth up close, enveloped in your scent is just intoxicating. Intimate skin on skin body contact with you minus the naughtiness is single-handedly one of the most relaxed states I've been in. A feeling of total fulfillment that I could possibly want nothing else of the world but just that very moment with you. Like we belonged together. I've never had a better night's sleep in my life. As I've said before, a fascinating subject.   

No comments:

Post a Comment