Here is the dreamer. One who created and played with the pen and the keys of a world soon unmade. She remembers the wind, water, earth and flame. She loved even shadows but knew naught of hate. With a heart too soft and a strength unseen, she loved the world and she lived a dream.

Monday, July 18, 2011

Movie Memory

154. One of the things I love about watching movies is the fact that there is something very romantic not to mention dangerous about being in the darkened room with a boy. I remember one time in the beginning that we were acting quite crazy and you pinned me to the wall as we frantically kissed. Luckily there was no one to see. It would be so embarrassing to be caught in that compromising position like deers in the headlights. We're nowhere near as wild as we were in the past though. Flames dying down true, but is still quite alive though controlled.   Sometimes it is frustrating how well-built your defenses are, because try as a I might you would never give up your self-control. I don't know any straight men with that kind of restraint even after so many years of being together. And that alone makes you special and a keeper. Our lives are significantly less interesting now since they've developed a well-established routine. When we do go to the movies at the present, we do no more than hold each other's hand and give a chaste smack on the lips, generally more attuned to the movie. We laugh and talk all throughout and you attempt nothing more. You tell me that you respect me now way too much to behave so carelessly with me in public and in private. Your maturity and general coolness of it all tell me that you're serious about me and that you're willing to wait no matter how long it takes. And I'm not only talking about the pinning-to-the-wall affair. I find that amazing. Where else can I find someone like you? Nowhere.  

No comments:

Post a Comment