Here is the dreamer. One who created and played with the pen and the keys of a world soon unmade. She remembers the wind, water, earth and flame. She loved even shadows but knew naught of hate. With a heart too soft and a strength unseen, she loved the world and she lived a dream.

Tuesday, July 5, 2011

The Adding Game

141. One of my best friends at high school taught me this game. It was great fun especially during break hours at our school. I taught you this game and somehow it was one of the things that have save us from complete boredom at college. It was really simple. It was played by two people who each took turns. Each person starts out with 1 finger per hand, usually the index is used first, that equated to 1 point. In each turn, the player has the option to 'add' the points on one hand to his opponents' hand with a tap of his finger/s or add it to his own other hand. When the points reach five or more the hand is out of the the game. The goal was to be the only hand left. You were far better at the game than I. And I would either squeal in annoyance at you or grab your hands or tickle you every time you won a match. I should have expected it since you were good at math and could adeptly calculate mentally. Well, to be frank, I won some and I lost a whole lot, including my pride. I did not regret teaching you though since we both had a really good time from it. Perhaps we could come up with our own game one of these days. Something not involving math though because clearly you have the advantage.    

No comments:

Post a Comment