Here is the dreamer. One who created and played with the pen and the keys of a world soon unmade. She remembers the wind, water, earth and flame. She loved even shadows but knew naught of hate. With a heart too soft and a strength unseen, she loved the world and she lived a dream.

Saturday, July 16, 2011

By the Window

152. For as long as I can remember, I have always watched you leave my house through my bedroom window. After we've said our repetitive 'I love yous' and inevitable 'good-byes' I rush up the stairs to my bedroom window just in time to see you across the street awaiting a passing jeepney or tricycle. I would catch your attention, waving a final farewell to the last glimpse of you as you go. I always feel wistful as I do this because I honestly do not want to be parted from you, and partly because I worry a bit for your safety because you have a long way to travel home. How many times have I watched you walk away from me like this? It was never the other way around. You have never been in the position to watch me walk away. I was the one always left behind. Like the time you went off to Manila for three months. It was agony for me yet what kept me going was the mere thought and hope of you returning to me- the same thoughts I still have when I stand by the window, drawing away the curtains, to smile at you, wave at you goodbye. I would never have known the happiness of seeing you again and being reunited, if you never left. You glance at me for one last time, as you usually do, and mouth goodbye. I sigh as your figure disappears into the darkness of the road into the cold night. An hour later, I'd receive a message from you- I'm already home. Tadaima. Okairinasai. Welcome back; I'm happy you're home safe. I truly am.     

No comments:

Post a Comment