Here is the dreamer. One who created and played with the pen and the keys of a world soon unmade. She remembers the wind, water, earth and flame. She loved even shadows but knew naught of hate. With a heart too soft and a strength unseen, she loved the world and she lived a dream.

Monday, July 4, 2011

Pokerface

140. I don't gamble,as a rule. Except when it comes to poker. I'm surprisingly good at it. I once beat ten boys and won the pot money and then I withdrew from the game with my winnings to give them no chance to hit back.  I'm a safe player. I first learned the art of poker from you and practiced my skills at the Texas hold'em poker game from Facebook. It took awhile for me to get a hang of it but once I did I became quite a decent player. All thanks to your patience for teaching me. Being a woman of emotions, I discovered that the most challenging part of it was holding the pokerface expression. I was bad at it but used it as a tactical defense and surprised them with straights and flushes and full houses galore paired with sheepish grins. You on the other hand played more risks than I and as expected, wore the pokerface expression better thus were a great bluffer. You're also a better loser than I am because you rarely get so upset since the stakes are usually very low when we play. I sulk a bit when the game doesn't go my way. One never knows what cards you get dealt with and you play with what you have or you fold. It's the same with life. It's the same with us. Had I not responded to your advances or felt the spark I doubt we would be together. You were one gamble I was definitely happy to make.  

No comments:

Post a Comment