Here is the dreamer. One who created and played with the pen and the keys of a world soon unmade. She remembers the wind, water, earth and flame. She loved even shadows but knew naught of hate. With a heart too soft and a strength unseen, she loved the world and she lived a dream.

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

The Declaration

11. We started our relationship on the landmark of our first kiss. July 28, 2005. It was on a beautiful November though that we revealed our relationship to our friends. Although it was an impulsive moment I must say, I couldn't tell a lie. As we sat side by side in the front row of a particular class, I was called by the professor to answer a question- What is your most unforgettable memory? It wasn't the most perfect of all timings but I couldn't hold back our secret anymore. I told the story of our first kiss. The initial reaction of our classmates was undeniable shock and surprise. Since when? I can't believe it! No way! All this time! I thought you were only friends! Oh my God. I had a feeling! You two suit each other! Grabe! How can we not notice this?! For months! Can't believe this! As the chatter started to die down, I could only laugh and smile at them. You looked sheepish beside me. Even after class, many still asked questions repeatedly. We were both visibly embarrassed but at the same time relieved that we didn't have to hide anymore. The truth will always set us free, as they say. And it did. And it was at that declaration that we started our public relationship for real. We could hold our hands, unmindful of what the rest of the world would say. 

No comments:

Post a Comment