Here is the dreamer. One who created and played with the pen and the keys of a world soon unmade. She remembers the wind, water, earth and flame. She loved even shadows but knew naught of hate. With a heart too soft and a strength unseen, she loved the world and she lived a dream.

Thursday, February 17, 2011

The First Kiss

7. In all my years, I had never imagined my first kiss to be so disappointing... Stolen no less! I had been saving my first kiss for a special moment with a special someone, sparks flying on all sides, backdropped with a magnificent sunset. One magical moment. Never more. And you're to blame. How dare you come into my life? I lost something precious that afternoon. That afternoon where I tutored you for a certain subject because you said you needed help in. And you suddenly, simply, bent your head and kissed me on the lips. Never mind that it was just a smack! You sat there opposite to me with a self- satisfied grin on your face and I hit you with the textbook a good number of times. I didn't know what to think, my thought patterns were in shreds, shocked by what just happened. You asked me if I was alright. I said yes. You asked me if I liked it. And to be honest, I said yes. And that's how our relationship began. Looking back on in now, I would have to say that it was way too reckless. Our 'relationship' began in such a way that there was actually no courtship involved. We hardly knew each other didn't we? Sparks flew but it was never coupled with sanity. And I didn't know how to say no to you.  Heck, I didn't know how to let people down. I even asked you if it's really true that we're together as a couple. And you said yes. We should have taken things much more slower. Yet here I am... five years later and still in love with you. I guess again, that luck had a hand in this one. You've been a wonderful partner. You have all the time in the world to court me now. And I have all the time to decide. It's like trying to choose but the only answer is yes. If you'd ask me again. It's still going to be my answer. Yes.

No comments:

Post a Comment