Here is the dreamer. One who created and played with the pen and the keys of a world soon unmade. She remembers the wind, water, earth and flame. She loved even shadows but knew naught of hate. With a heart too soft and a strength unseen, she loved the world and she lived a dream.

Saturday, February 26, 2011

Our Song

13. For some inexplicable reason, most couples, at some point or another, have a theme song that reminds them of their relationship. One song that evokes a multitude of memories, and induces smiles when they hear it playing, especially at unexpected times. Given the large number of love songs on the airwaves nowadays, past and present, couples have lots to choices from the cheesy to the romantic to the heartbreaking.  One time, at our house, I asked you what our theme song was. And it was if you read my mind. The song was called ‘how did you know’ by Gary Valenciano. And it epitomized the day we first met. How my life has forever since intermingled with yours because of  love. Here are the lyrics which I even translated to Tagalog one time as well as play on my piano: I remember so well, the day that you came  into my life. You asked for my name, you had the most beautiful smile. My life started to change, I'd wake up each day feeling alright. With you, right by my side, makes me feel things will work out just fine. How did you know? I needed someone like you in my life. That there was an empty space in my heart. You came at the right time in my life. I'll never forget, how you brought the sun to shine in my life. And took all the worries and fears that I had. I guess what I'm really trying to say, it's not everyday that someone like you comes my way. No words can express how much I love you... I played and sang this song for our class once. And I remember how our female classmates cheered when I sang the I love you part, I looked in your eyes directly. This song made my heart sing with so much joy. I will always love and remember it.

No comments:

Post a Comment