Here is the dreamer. One who created and played with the pen and the keys of a world soon unmade. She remembers the wind, water, earth and flame. She loved even shadows but knew naught of hate. With a heart too soft and a strength unseen, she loved the world and she lived a dream.

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Sweet Nothings

5. What is it about chocolates on valentines that make hearts melt upon receiving them? I believe it's more than just the thought that counts. More than the effort. More then the endorphins and stimulants released in our physical bodies upon eating this sweet treat. It is a gesture of love. Of friendship. Of remembering. A day before valentines, we ate so much chocolate that made our stomachs ache. And today, valentines, friends shared with me some chocolates and lollipops that they had received. I remember fondly the first time you ever gave me chocolate. It was at our library and you silently grabbed my hand from under the table and placed a Demolino chocolate bar on it. It was the first time a boy had given me chocolate actually. It wasn't even valentines! And I melted as sure as icecream melts under the sun. It was far from a grand gesture. Yet I never looked at another Demolino bar the same way again after that. Little things count. Little sweet nothings count. They bring smiles and laughter on ordinary days. And warmth to hearts that ache to be remembered. A simple way of saying, I love you to someone who loves you in return.

No comments:

Post a Comment