Here is the dreamer. One who created and played with the pen and the keys of a world soon unmade. She remembers the wind, water, earth and flame. She loved even shadows but knew naught of hate. With a heart too soft and a strength unseen, she loved the world and she lived a dream.

Sunday, June 5, 2011

A Leader Like You

111. At our second year of college, because of your leadership skills, you were elected as the mayor. This suited everyone fine since they really liked you and because  you had me, which made it seem as if they were getting a dynamic duo for mayor. It was silly because I got mixed signals from you due to the added responsibilities. You liked being in a position of power but you detested having to work and relinquishing your free time. You liked helping people but disliked helping them too much because of the belief that it lead to fostering dependency when they should also be contributing something to the group. I agreed to this because I had to learn it the hard way. I really thought being mayor suited you. Everything just ran smoothly, more smooth than the other mayors we've had. And what's nice was that you cared about us and effectively defended our class when called for. You had a nice blend of charm and charisma, fatherly discipline and focus and a sense of fun. Even up to now. I loved helping you out whenever I could because I enjoyed it and wore the nickname of 'first lady' with pride. How couldn't I be proud being on the arm of a man such as you? I'm also proud of the fact, and quick to proclaim I might add, that it was thanks to you that our class has such strong bonds of friendship because of the unforgettable memories you made possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment