Here is the dreamer. One who created and played with the pen and the keys of a world soon unmade. She remembers the wind, water, earth and flame. She loved even shadows but knew naught of hate. With a heart too soft and a strength unseen, she loved the world and she lived a dream.

Thursday, June 23, 2011

Two Reactions To Exams

129.We both hate exams. To students, it's like a routine shot, painful but necessary since it's the only measurable way educators can actually evaluate whether or not learning has occurred. And since our university is still old school, tests are just part of everyday life unfortunately. I just want to talk about how we both react to exams. You are the avid procrastinator whereas, I am the reviewer addict. Basically, you don't think about the exams until the last minute whereas as early as one week before, I live, breathe and eat studying. I think it's because I'm not naturally intelligent like people who have photographic memory and those who get things in a snap. I make up for it by studying my brains out. You have more inborn skill at natural intelligence and logic but you're a master crammer. I first study on my own my typed out and printed reviewers and then later, engage another in a questioning match or do group study. You, use a combination of the three. Most of the time we are study buddies. At an exam, you are usually the last one to come in the classroom, late of course but you're always one of the first ones out. I, on the other hand, am one of the first ones to arrive yet one of the annoying ones who leave last. You usually have a hard time waiting for me to finish taking exams because I answer everything in pencil first and then when I am certain of an answer then I use my ball pen then make everything neat by using an eraser. I am not afraid of making my test paper dirty so as long as it's in pencil. It's just one of those habits I have. Some people would call it test-taking skills. We both hate forgetting things that we're sure we've come across while studying yet forget at the back of our heads while answering. And then after everything, we do what we do best. Celebrating together the aftermath of exams with a much-needed brain dumping at the mall. Waiting for grades make me nervous so I'd rather not think about it though it's there tugging at the corners of my mind. You completely forget about waiting  for results and tests and just enjoy the moment with me. I should be more like you because in spite of our differences, our grades are never far apart.

No comments:

Post a Comment