Here is the dreamer. One who created and played with the pen and the keys of a world soon unmade. She remembers the wind, water, earth and flame. She loved even shadows but knew naught of hate. With a heart too soft and a strength unseen, she loved the world and she lived a dream.

Thursday, June 30, 2011

Foods We Hate

136. I've always talked about the foods that we both love and now I shall do the complete opposite and talk about the foods that we both absolutely hate. I hate liver. I'd avoid it in all instances because it makes me barf. Though I'm allergic to shrimp and crab, I don't feel as strongly about them than I do liver. I also don't eat raw carrots except for when it is made into a shake or juice. You, on the other hand, like both liver and carrots. What you don't like is surprisingly raw tomatoes. I don't know what it is about them but you usually separate them from the dish or give them to me. I tricked you into eating some carefully hidden tomatoes in a sandwich once and you even liked it. But upon learning it was raw tomatoes I saw surprisingly that you didn't even shudder. If fact, you were only pleasantly surprised. I have to say that alone, I'd say you hate tomatoes but harnessing them in a salsa or hiding them in a sandwich completely changes things. You also don't like spicy food the way I do. Other than that I'd say that between you and I, we'd do well on an eating spree around town. Local delicacies like barbiqued chicken intestines, dinuguan, balut and the like are fine with us. I don't know how we'd do in eating delicacies from other countries though. Absolutely no worms, dogs, rats, grasshoppers, centipedes, maggots nor cockroaches for us that's for sure. We're not that adventurous. 

No comments:

Post a Comment