Here is the dreamer. One who created and played with the pen and the keys of a world soon unmade. She remembers the wind, water, earth and flame. She loved even shadows but knew naught of hate. With a heart too soft and a strength unseen, she loved the world and she lived a dream.

Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Prom Memories

127. One time that I went to your house, your highschool yearbook which was delayed for two years because the files were lost, was on the table. Excited at the prospect of seeing the younger, more spirited version of you I opened it and began exploring the pages. You settled beside me and pointed out your friends and talked about your girlfriends and your prom. There was a tinge of jealousy within me that I could not control. You had a lot of fun at your prom and I bet many girls swooned at you whereas my prom wasn't so enjoyable. After my first date turned me down after a lame excuse. I had my roguish cousin as the date and he left me to my own devices after the entrance picture taking. He kept stepping outside for a smoke and got sidetracked by another girl he knew. Well, at least he didn't forget to bring me a corsage. It was alright for me because I had a good time with my friends instead, dancing. At this time, I was still a bit on the chubby side and even though I had an exquisite blue-purple gown I did not look my best in the pictures. Things would have been different if by this time I had a boyfriend as great as you. I wouldn't have been so lonely and looked longingly at my classmates who happily danced and hung out with their partners. In my mind I imagined the perfect prom, well, after all our social graces classes I just had to. My date would be someone that told me I looked beautiful and would gently lead me onto the dance floor.  I would have had this person to slow dance with and it would be so romantic. Nothing would exist but us. as he'd hold me close By the end, we'd be king and queen because every person present would think we were the perfect couple. But like all fantasies, this one let me down greatly. Not one of my hopes came true. Somehow the universe contrived to make it up to me two years after. I may not have had the perfect prom but I had so much more precious moments that are worth far more than anything material. And it all started the day when you laid your eyes on me.  

No comments:

Post a Comment