Here is the dreamer. One who created and played with the pen and the keys of a world soon unmade. She remembers the wind, water, earth and flame. She loved even shadows but knew naught of hate. With a heart too soft and a strength unseen, she loved the world and she lived a dream.

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

The Chess game

106. Like it or not, we are both competitive individuals. We don't like to lose, probably one of the reasons why we fought so much in the beginning. One time, you, me and a friend were staying over at my house to complete a project. Once, more or less, that project was finished we decided to have snacks and play a few games. I invited you to play chess. It was a long game, and enjoyable too until you got around to teasing and taunting me when it was apparent I was losing. You didn't mean it of course, but then, I didn't take it so well. It was as if with every move I made wrong, you threw little fireballs into my brain, until I couldn't bear it no more that I exploded with anger. With only a few moves left, I swept aside the chess pieces and packed them up, openly glaring at you. You told me that it was my fault I lost since I dared played a game with you. I retorted that I wouldn't have minded losing if you hadn't teased me to the brim and made me look like a sourpuss in front of our other friend. You shook your head and told me I was just a sore loser. And I guess that I was, since my tarnished pride got the best of it. I don't know why but I find losing to you quite annoying especially if you paraded the fact in front of me. Friends do that sort of thing too, being competitive. I believe that a little competition is healthy in relationships but not to the point wherein we put our relationship on the line just for the pleasure of winning. There's always a limit to everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment