Here is the dreamer. One who created and played with the pen and the keys of a world soon unmade. She remembers the wind, water, earth and flame. She loved even shadows but knew naught of hate. With a heart too soft and a strength unseen, she loved the world and she lived a dream.

Monday, May 16, 2011

A Day of Firsts

92. Remember that day I first got lost? It was also the day of the debut of one of our friends. After we resolved our argument and I made myself look decent, we arrived at the poolside party. It was a day of firsts actually. It was the first time I've attended a fun, stylish debut beside the pool. It was the first time we swam together, the first time I've worn a bikini and the first time you've seen me in one. It took a lot of strength for you not to cover me with a towel all throughout the party to ease of the stares of the opposite sex. Teasing you in the water was such fun. It was the first we've played couples games together. First time that we saw some of our classmates and teacher drunk, which wasn't such a pretty site. Tipsy, one group pushed another group into the pool, along with their cellphones and cameras unfortunately. One friend broke a glass as he slipped into the pool. And one friend kept on boasting to all the girls, in an unseemly manner, about his car and some of his past exploits. On a positive note, it was the first time I've ever seen a gorgeous mad-hatter inspired cake and the exquisite dress of the celebrant. And lastly it was the first time I was one of the ten sparklers that after a short sweet tribute speech to the birthday girl had to down a tequila shot. It was great, interesting and inspiring and to top it all off, I not only witnessed another side of our classmates the experience made us closer as a couple. 

No comments:

Post a Comment