Here is the dreamer. One who created and played with the pen and the keys of a world soon unmade. She remembers the wind, water, earth and flame. She loved even shadows but knew naught of hate. With a heart too soft and a strength unseen, she loved the world and she lived a dream.

Thursday, May 12, 2011

Letters

88. Letters, both the exquisite hard-to- read long hand and the crystal clear typewritten kind have played a large part in our relationship simply because it defines special moments. The first letter you have ever written me was for our anniversary. That year, I requested that that would be the only gift you'd give me and in turn it was my also my gift to you. And really, I wasn't only thinking on the practicallity of it since we were but students at that time, I was also thinking how it would be nice to receive something that had great effort spent on it so transparently. I know how challenging brainstorming about a project is. And I know that you are not too creative. Probably I was asking much of you. But that's what I like: things that cost little but mean so much. It was a beautiful, simple letter in a home-made card. With the heart and balloons that you drew at the front of the card,  with pictures of you when you were little and meaningful words within. You were so adorable when you were small, and already so popular. And you showed me a bit of your simple life before, even of your big pet pig that you loved. Until now I've kept that letter in my cabinet. It symbolized your commitment to me and assured me an everlasting place in your heart. Written words leave a permanent mark on paper and my heart, coupled with your actions then it's an ultimate declaration of love. What girl could ask for more?

No comments:

Post a Comment