Here is the dreamer. One who created and played with the pen and the keys of a world soon unmade. She remembers the wind, water, earth and flame. She loved even shadows but knew naught of hate. With a heart too soft and a strength unseen, she loved the world and she lived a dream.

Thursday, May 5, 2011

Impressions Count

81. Dressing yourself isn't one of your strong suits. Sometimes you forget to shave and brush your hair. Sometimes you just wear your slippers to the mall. Sometimes you wear that overly large colorful tribal shirt that I detest because it makes you look like a mountain man coming out from a cave to gaze upon the modern civilization. Much to my dismay, everything aforementioned occurred one faithful day when we had our date. You probably felt too tired to place any effort in making yourself presentable. But what was a girl to do? We went on that date regardless. Since I was running out of my favorite hair conditioner, I decided to buy some at my favorite beauty shop before we saw a movie. Due to manly pride, you refused to step inside the girly shop and contented yourself by waiting for me and hovering outside the shop door. The gay salesclerk, all cheery and familiar, assisted me with my purchase and asked me, in all friendliness, if the man he saw waiting for me outside was my father. I could barely suppress a giggle. No, he isn't my father, I replied, he's actually my boyfriend. I couldn't wait to relay the news to you that you were actually mistaken as my father. It would be a great motivator, I thought. Before I could even tell you though, I burst into a laughing fit and you asked me what had happened as we went on our way. When I managed to tell you, you were so horrified that you almost went back to the shop to give that clerk a piece of your mind. You couldn't believe it and you asked me repeatedly if you indeed looked that old. I only told the truth. Your horrible fashion sense made you look older than you actually were. I encouraged you to take more time to dress and prepare yourself better. Even for a simple date. Shave, fix your hair, pick a better shirt, wear better footwear. The least you could do was appear as clean as possible. Even if you feel like crap, the whole world doesn't need to know it. Besides, if you appear so handsome, how can I resist such a tempting man like that? I'd be all over you in a heartbeat. 

No comments:

Post a Comment