Here is the dreamer. One who created and played with the pen and the keys of a world soon unmade. She remembers the wind, water, earth and flame. She loved even shadows but knew naught of hate. With a heart too soft and a strength unseen, she loved the world and she lived a dream.

Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Music I Love

177. Sometimes I have bad days that causes darkness to loom over the horizon of my life. Then all of a sudden a light cuts through that darkness as a song begins to play from the radio of the jeepney I am riding. A day, that seemed hopelessly bleak, had now a ray of light that caused me to smile. Then flashbacks. The first day that we met. The time you feigned sleep on my lap. Our first kiss. You giving me a ring. You showing up at 5am on my doorstep. You making me laugh and kissing my hand. By the end of the song, I'd be grinning ear to ear, delighted and sighing. Songs that make me behave in this fashion are mostly love songs, country songs and soft- rock songs, all with wonderful, meaningful lyrics. Praise be to talented songwriters whose works cause me to tear up. Of course, on the top of my list is our love song. Then probably there is "two is better than one" by boys like girls or some Lady Antebellum or Taylor Swift or Rascal Flatts song. These songs somehow go perfectly with my changeable moods no matter what. I think they also go very well with yours. I picture us slow dancing at night in the middle of an empty road just like the movie "the notebook". I picture us walking side by side on the beach at sunset. Romantic yes? And all fantasies caused by these music. I'll treasure them all the same way I treasure our memories. Why? Because I know that even if I cannot see you, listening to these music will be the same as hearing your loving whispers to me. They're like a gentle caress upon my heart and a kiss on my forehead telling me "won't you smile for me?" Flooded with such warmth, how could I not?  

No comments:

Post a Comment