Here is the dreamer. One who created and played with the pen and the keys of a world soon unmade. She remembers the wind, water, earth and flame. She loved even shadows but knew naught of hate. With a heart too soft and a strength unseen, she loved the world and she lived a dream.

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Catch Your Smile

37. I remember after a few months of being together, that very first Christmas party we attended together as a couple. It was with our classmates at a Chinese restaurant and after eating and having a few games we had a secret-santa- type of gift-giving. A friend gifted you a big bottle of alcohol and you all laughed about it. There was only one thing on my mind though. You. Your smile in particular. As you already know, unlike me who usually has easy smiles even for mere strangers, it takes more effort for you to make the corners of your lips turn up even in an ironic way. I wanted to take a picture of your happy smiling face as a remembrance for Christmas break but somehow, somewhere within that party, your mood turned sour and I think it was because of that green-headed monster again. I did everything I could to change that mood, paying you more attention so much that people called us "so sweet that ants were all over us". To top it all off, I gave you my surprise present which was a black t-shirt with a cool dragon in front that made you so very happy. My effort definitely paid off because suddenly there it was. The smile. Click! I caught it at last. Thank goodness. We also had our first picture taking as a couple here and I was absolutely ecstatic as I had those photos developed and placed them in an album. Every now and then, I like to take out that album and just reminisce about our moments together, including that day that I first triumphantly caught your smile with my trusty camera. 

No comments:

Post a Comment