Here is the dreamer. One who created and played with the pen and the keys of a world soon unmade. She remembers the wind, water, earth and flame. She loved even shadows but knew naught of hate. With a heart too soft and a strength unseen, she loved the world and she lived a dream.

Monday, March 21, 2011

Culinary Beginnings

36. One time, morning classes were cancelled because the teacher wasn't feeling well. We took the opportunity to spend more time together at my house. We watched some television, and I made some snacks for us. You found my tuna melt so delicious that you ate so much. I remember this because you practically got addicted to it and would ask for it every time you came to my house. I was so happy. I may not be so experienced at cooking but I pride myself on my sandwiches and my own version of the adobo. And you shower me with praises that make me blush. You once told me that my food was so delicious because it was prepared with lots of love and joy. Just watching you eating my food and enjoying yourself made me feel so warm inside. And that's when I became interested in learning how to cook. I may never be a professional chef in my lifetime, but I want to somehow be like my grandmother and your mother, who are experts at cooking exceptional dishes. Food that radiates love not only fills your heart but also your stomach! Besides, if I'm going to have a family one day, I'd want them to eat well and be properly nourished too.

No comments:

Post a Comment