Here is the dreamer. One who created and played with the pen and the keys of a world soon unmade. She remembers the wind, water, earth and flame. She loved even shadows but knew naught of hate. With a heart too soft and a strength unseen, she loved the world and she lived a dream.

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

When Inspiration Strikes

38. I have many hobbies and among them is drawing. I draw only on occasion or when sudden inspiration strikes. In this case, the inspiration was you. You fell asleep at one of our long boring lectures and though I knew that I should have woken you however since I knew you were so tired and looked so peaceful, I left you alone. Our teacher didn't even notice you anyhow. It's true what they say, I thought, as I watched you, people did look very childlike when in the throes of sleep. I took out my pencil and began drawing you on my notebook. Your face was to me, and it was nested comfortably in the crook of your arm. I wanted to remember each and every line, every shadow, every strand of hair that moment. This was only the first. As the days wore on, I drew you in several poses, some of them without you knowing. One was how your back looked when you were sitting in front of me and another was when you were staring directly at me. My notebook was filled with you, just like my heart. I was just thankful that I could multitask. Juggling you, homework and classes, I definitely had my hands full especially since I hated failing in anything. Left brain, right brain and heart is working to its' fullest capacity. It also helps that some research actually encourages doodling in classes to help with memory retention. I guess that the image of you sleeping in class is now forever encased in the deepest recesses of my memories. I believe that inspiration definitely preserves these precious memories, what else would I be doing writing this blog every single day? 

No comments:

Post a Comment