Here is the dreamer. One who created and played with the pen and the keys of a world soon unmade. She remembers the wind, water, earth and flame. She loved even shadows but knew naught of hate. With a heart too soft and a strength unseen, she loved the world and she lived a dream.

Thursday, March 31, 2011

Pageants

46. When I see pageants on television, I would normally gawk at all those men and women and their seemingly perfect bodies. I did not envy them, I just admired their outstanding physical features and used them as motivators to psyche me to be physically fit. I secretly wanted to be in a pageant however, it just wasn't in my schedule to do. If one asked me to sacrifice my academics, then my answer would be an absolute no. It was a little strange when I found out that you were in a pageant yourself when you were in highschool. You had so many activities yet you even had the time to participate in one. You won that pageant. While you were telling me, I noticed a mixture of pride, shyness and even shame rolled into one coming from you. When I asked you about it, you told me it was because you recalled all those 'agi' or gay men, prepping you for your time on stage, doing your hair, placing oil over your body, touching you in places I need not mention and openly showed  their enjoyment while doing so. They made you look good, but you hated it. You showed me the video, which is now missing, of that pageant and I was shocked at how lean you were and even more boyish than you were now. I must say that seeing your body during the swimsuit competition was mouthwatering with that confident stride. I thought your answer during the question and answer portion was brilliant. No wonder you won, for the male category. It was even published in a newspaper, was it not? I was proud of you, yet I sighed at the thought that I would never get to enter such events. The one time that someone prodded me to join, I just smiled and politely refused because I knew the elimination round would fall on an exam day and since there was a swimsuit category, my father would absolutely kill me if I joined. Nevertheless, I think pageants are frivolous affairs. There are better things to do with one's time than parading around. Anyhow, now that I have you, your eyes are the only pair I want watching me.  

No comments:

Post a Comment